Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Postgame Reactions - Rangers vs. Lightning 1/19

Rangers 8, Lightning 2
  • 3 Stars: Marian Gaborik (4a), Vinny Prospal (1g, 1a), Brandon Dubinsky (1g, 1a, 1 fight).
  • I'm very tempted to write a ton tonight, but I'm going to resist that urge and keep it short and sweet.
  • 16 Rangers registered points tonight (6 had at least 2 points), each goal was scored by a different Ranger, every Ranger except Aaron Voros played over 10 minutes, and the team as a whole showed a superior battle level throughout the game.
  • Marian Gaborik tied a career high with 4 assists.
  • Aaron Voros scored his 1st goal of the season, fought twice, and drew a penalty by wisely refusing to fight Konopka in the third period.  He's earned an extended stay in the lineup.
  • After their recent scoreless stretch, the Rangers now have scored 2 or more goals in 5 straight periods.
  • I said it Sunday night and I'll say it again now: the only way I see Kotalik or Brashear re-appearing anytime soon is if Higgins sits.
  • The Lightning showed me very little tonight.  I expect Thursday night in Philly to be a bigger test for this team and their recently rediscovered scoring touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment